Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Writing Prompt Tuesday

I've been listening to Writing Excuses for a while now. Brandon, Dan, Howard, and Mary may not know it, but they have helped me immensely. That being said, I've taken the last few weeks off from working on my story because I've hit a fear point. And I haven't written anything. I've done a lot of thinking, which I know is still good, but I haven't written. (Do blog posts count?? I'm not sure they do.) But today when I heard the "You're out of excuses, now go write!" I decided to do just that.

Writing Excuses 4.9: Take an absurd 19th century folk belief, treat it as absolute fact, and write a story hinging on that principle. (and I really, really, really hope they don't get mad at me for making a graphic based on their prompts... I should probably ask...)



I wrote about bathing in cold water making you insane. Which is an actual reason that people were put in institutions back in the 1800's. It's not exactly a happy story. In fact, it's kind of morbid.  (edit: I've removed it from LiveJournal. Going to make an addition to this blog for Writing Prompts.)

So, yay for baby steps. Yay for getting ideas on my current work in progress while writing this. Yay for realizing that it might not be a great idea to finish a story when my brain is yelling at me to go take a nap! So I'm going to go take one now. And maybe I'll go back and edit the water lunacy thing. maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment