Friday, January 11, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness

The winter storm Gandalf hit last night. (Yes, some wise-guy named the storm Gandalf. I'm totally serious.) There are a lot of people in my neighborhood who walk, whether to the bus or to work or to the store, there is a lot of foot traffic in front of my house on a daily basis.

Since today was considered a snow day and my kids had the day off, we went out and tackled the foot of snow that had fallen. And then tackled the snow on the sidewalks in front of our neighbors houses, too, because people were walking in the street.

Kudo's to my kids who cheerfully pitched in to help make life easier for those who life around us. Mina did the walk in front of one neighbor's house all by herself while I worked on the walk in front of ours. And then we tackled the other neighbor all the way to the road crossing together.



We're drinking hot chocolate now and watching more snow fall. It was a good morning full of good deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment