Friday, February 22, 2013

A critique!

Sometimes I wish I had a live-in editor to help me see the forest for the trees when I write. And with all of the tips, tricks, tools, and guidelines I've been given, sometimes it's hard to know where to start.

Well, now I have a starting point. The fabulous Julie Coulter Bellon used my first 500 words as a post in her First Page Friday series. I LOVE her feedback. Not only does she point out how to fix some things, but she gives me some great advice on how to implement the tools I've been given.

Don't get me wrong, I love my writing group. Their feedback is awesome, too. But it's fun to get feedback from a pair of fresh eyes who can say specifically what works and what doesn't.

Pardon me while I SQUEEEEEEEE!!!  :) Yes, I have a lot of work to do to make this fun and readable and engaging, but I am excited about it!

So if you want your first page critiqued, head on over to her site. And if you want to see the first-draft of my first page before I revise and polish, polish, polish, go take a look :)

Maybe soon I'll have guts enough to apply to J.R. Johansson's Forging Fridays for a query critique! (That's much more scary).

No comments:

Post a Comment