Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mountains

Sometimes the mountains talk to me. Yes, I know this sounds weird, but I am going to admit it anyway. (I think the wind talks even more than the mountains, but that's a whole 'nother story.)

Today the brilliant color of everything caught my attention while I was driving, so as soon as I got home and stacked the Girl Scout cookie boxes in the front room, my son and I went for a walk with camera and tri-pod in tow to capture the blues and whites that fill the background of my window. Today it was more about the mountains and clouds than just the mountains.






It's difficult to put into words the images and ideas that spring to mind when the clouds lay on top of the mountains like this. There's something magical about it. Anything could be under there. I used to imagine that maybe the clouds were the tips of the mountains, and the snow was piled on top like big scoops of ice cream. Especially when the sky is such a beautiful blue, it looks like a warm summer's day, the white on the mountain simply melted vanilla goodness running down into the valley.

Nowadays I tend to think that maybe there are grand cities and meetings of old warrior-gods hidden under the opaque canopy so far up there.

Do you ever see images and faces in mountains?

If you'll pardon the power lines in these next shots, let me share with you some other images that haunt my dreams. I don't know if you'll see what I see, but I am convinced there is more than just dirt, glacial poop, or piles of rocks here.









No comments:

Post a Comment