Sunday, April 5, 2015

On Politics and Religion

Politics:  Oh, hey, guess what? I have opinions about gun control, abortion, marriage, government, and all kinds of stuff. And I vote accordingly.  Hopefully you do, too. And I hope some of you have very different opinions than I, because it would totally suck and be boring if we all thought the same.


Religion: Yep. I totally am religious. I believe what I believe and I --very much imperfectly-- try to live it. I'm pretty sure there are millions, if not billions, of people who are also religious. And millions who would consider themselves spiritual, or agnostic, or atheist, or some other belief / non-belief 'label.' And how cool is that? All these different ideas, all these beautiful ways of seeing the world and life and each other.

So, yep. I have my opinions.  Hopefully you have yours. I love that you have yours. I'll believe what I believe over here, and hope, hope, hope that what you believe and choose makes you happy, too.

Can we be friends even if we're different?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. One would hope anyway.
    However, now I'm suffering from extreme curiosity, wondering what prompted this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was conference weekend. That always seems to kick the "AAAAAH, They don't think the way I do" drama into high gear. Plus all the other crap that's been on FB recently via politics and everything.

      Of course people don't think alike. Of course people don't believe alike. Nor live alike, nor make the same choices. Why should they? And why should I expect them to think what I think. That's just stupid. So... I figured I'd just tell the world my stand.

      My stand is: Hey, can we be friends? My sandbox doesn't have a fence and I have lots of toys over here to play with. Wanna build a sand castle?

      Delete